2017 NAS Oceana Air Show Information
Naval Air Station Oceana is pleased to welcome you and your family to this action-packed event. The men and women of NAS Oceana pledge that we will do everything we can to make sure your visit to the East Coast’s only Master Jet Base is safe and fun. Additionally, we will make every attempt to lessen delays while entering or leaving the Air Show.
In order to keep possibly dangerous items outside the flight line, ALL bags will be briefly inspected as you come through flight line entry points and all individuals are subject to search. To keep delays to a minimum, remember that the following items are not permitted on to the flight line and may be confiscated:
- Ice chests or coolers
- Large bags (bags larger than a large purse or diaper bag), duffle bags, briefcases
- All weapons (regardless of permit) including: firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), walking sticks (except for handicap use) and all other items that the security force deems dangerous. Any confiscated items will not be returned.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades or skateboards
All authorized items will be inspected prior to entering the flight line. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of authorized items to reduce the time required for inspection prior to access into the flight line area. The following items are permitted:
- Cell phones, tablets and FRS transceivers (may be asked to turn off / on)
- Handheld portable televisions, radios and scanners
- Small fanny packs and purses
- Cameras and camcorders (owners should not load film prior to entering the show area as they may be required to open all compartments at Security Checkpoints).
- Camera Bags will be searched upon entry
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs (chairs in bags subject to search)
- Umbrellas and sunshades
- Baby bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child (Strollers are not permitted in the grandstand area. Adjacent stroller parking is available).
Smoking (cigarettes and e-cigarettes)
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the flight line in the vicinity of aircraft, vendor tents or chalets. There is a smoking area designated by signage at the “back line” of the air show to the left of show center.
- Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises
- Neither strollers nor wheelchairs will be available for rent at the Air Show
- Sun protection, including hat, long-sleeved shirts and long pants and sunscreen are recommended
- Water will be available throughout the Air Show area
- Wear comfortable footwear; the flight line is paved and you may walk long distances.
- All vendor vehicles will be subject to search.
Please keep in mind that your safety is our primary concern. Remember the following important safety tips:
- Uniformed security personnel is there to help. Follow all instructions from uniformed security personnel.
- Very few things on our flight line are soft to the touch; most things are made of metal and have lots of edges on them. Keep your eyes focused in the direction you’re walking and be aware of low-hanging (and flying!) aircraft components.
- Medical personnel is on call to render assistance to anyone that requires it. Notify any uniformed security person or air show worker if you or any member of your group requires medical attention.
- Call 433-3103 for emergency assistance, if needed.